A significant decision you need to make is whether your loved one is to be buried or cremated.
- If you choose a burial, you may need to purchase a new grave or re-open an existing one. An existing family grave normally accommodates 4 adult burials, depending on the cemetery.
- Where a new grave is required we will, for those cemeteries that offer a choice of location, arrange for the family to meet the cemetery representatives to select a new grave.
- New graves are available in most Kerry cemeteries, details of which are available.
- Contact number for KCC burial grounds 066 718 3512
- If you choose a cremation, the nearest is – the Rocky Island Crematorium which is located in Ringaskiddy near Cork City and Shannon Crematorium, Illaunmanagh, Shannon, Co. Clare.
- We will co-ordinate the additional documentation which needs to be completed and signed before a cremation takes place.
- We can also provide you with assistance in the selection of a final resting place for the ashes.